Dr. Ifeanyi Onyia
Dr. Onyia Arthur Ifeanyichukwu is a lecturer in the department of Accounting, Faculty of Arts, Social & Management Sciences, Coal City University, Emene, Enugu. He is the Pioneer staff, Academic Adviser and Coordinator of Accounting Department. He is a Certified Teacher with the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN), Associate Member, Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA). His research focus is in the area of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and theories of Ethics, Transparency and Accountability. He is a Ph.D. student at University of Nigeria Nsukka (Enugu Campus). He is a seasoned and critical thinker who is always passionate about bringing out the best out of every situation. Prior to his current appointment at Coal City University Enugu, he lectured students who were writing their professional examination with Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) and Enugu State College of Education (Technical). He has a Professional Diploma in Education (PDE), Master of Science degree in Accountancy and Bachelor of Science degree in Accountancy. He has an award of excellence as the best student in Accounts from his secondary school (Alma-Mater).
Educational Qualifications With Dates
- 2018 - Professional Diploma in Education (PDE)
- 2017 - Certificate of Registration as a Certified Teacher
- 2014 - Master of Science (M.Sc) in Accountancy (Second Class Upper)
- 2010 - Associate Cost and Management Accountant (ACMA)
- 2010 - National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) certificate
- 2009 - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Accountancy (Second Class Upper)
- 2002 - West African School Certificate Examination (WAEC)
- 1996 - First School leaving Certificate Examination (FSLC)
Institutions Attended With Dates
- Peaceland College of Education Enugu, Nigeria - (2017-2018)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka - (2010 - 2014)
- Caritas University Amorji Nike Enugu - (2005 - 2008)
- National Grammar School Nike Enugu - (1996 - 2002)
- Udi Road primary School Asata Enugu - (1991 - 1996)
- Associate member, Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA).
- Certified Teacher, Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
Courses Attended & Skills Acquired
- Revenue Monitoring and growth Seminars and workshops / Assessment skills.
- Entrepreneurship skills.
- Budget Implementation and control skills/Seminars.
- Revenue Generation and Sustainability skills/ workshop organized by Enugu state Government.
- Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft office, Web Applications, Microsoft Excel etc for efficient service delivery.
- Certificate of Participation on South East Economic Summit 2016 powered by Diamond Youth Transformation initiative of Nigeria.
Best Student Award in Accounts in National Grammar School Nike Enugu, 2001
- Assistant Lecturer, Department of Accounting, Coal City University Enugu, 2017 to date.
- Former lecturer, ANAN Extramural class for professional students in Enugu, 2011-2012.
- Real Oil Mills Limited, Odukpani L.G.A, Cross River State, 2009-2010, (NYSC Place of Primary Assignment) Positions held: Internal Auditor, Sales Representative and Accountant.
- Topic: Nigerian Budget Implementation and Control Reforms: Tool for Macro Economic Growth published in the British Journal of Economics and Management Trade ISSN:2278-098X, Vol. 11 issue 2, 16th November, 2015.
- Challenges of a Cashless Economy in Nigeria: Implications for a developing country. (A Study of selected Banks). Published in the journal of Research in Management and Social Sciences (JORMASS), Michael Okpara University of Agriculture. Umudike. Vol 1 Number 1, October 2015.