Reuben Onyeishi is currently enrolled for Ph.D. degree in the Department of English and Literary Studies of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he had in 2017 and 1998 obtained M.A. (First Class) and B.A. (Second Class Upper) degrees respectively. He taught fiction at the Department of English and Literary Studies UNN (Sandwich programme, 2016-2018) and Communication in English at Peaceland College Enugu (2019). His research interest areas are Comparative Literature, World Literature, Literary Theory and Criticism, Aesthetics, Cultural Studies, Oral Literature, Postcolonial studies, and Creative Writing. He is the author of Clash of Divinity, a creative prose, which is currently being read and taught in the departments of English and General Studies of some Nigerian universities. His second novel, Above the Mesh, is almost ready for the shelf. Reuben had also had a career in banking spanning over 12 years across four banks: First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Zenith Bank of Nigeria Plc, BankPhb plc and Ecobank limited where rose to the position of Branch Manager. His career hived off banking to academics on account of his creative afflatus and passionate interest to make a career in academics.
- May, 2019 - Date: University of Nigeria Nsukka, Ph.D. (Comparative Literature) English & Literary Studies (in view)
- Feb. 2016 - Dec. 2017: University of Nigeria Nsukka, M.A. (Distinction) English & Literary Studies
- 2007 - Feb.2010: Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) Business School, Enugu. MBA Marketing (Unclassified)
- 2001 - 2002: Obafemi Awolwo University Ile Ife/ Nigerian Institute of Management, Idowu Taylor, Victoria Island, Lagos. Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- 1994 - 1998: University of Nigeria, Nsukka, B. A. (Hons) 2nd Class Upper (English and Literary Studies)
- 1988 - 1993: Community Secondary School Obimo, Nsukka, Enugu State, Senior School Certificate (WAEC)
- 1981 - 1987: Union Primary School Obimo, Nsukka. Enugu State, First School Leaving Certificate
- May 2019 - Date: Psalms Hotel, 64 Ezilo Street, Independence Layout, Enugu, General Manager
- Oct. 2017 - Date: University of Nigeria Nsukka. Teaches Fiction under Sanwich Programme.
- March 2019 - Date: Peaceland College Enugu (Affiliate of American University). Teaches Communication in English on part-time basis.
- April 2018 - March, 2019. Ran for Enugu State House of Assemble Primaries Under PDP. Later became the candidate of NNPP for Nsukka South Constituency.
- Dec. 2017 – Nov. 2018: Kennan Lodge Limited, 3 Alor Uno Road, Isi-Uja, Nsukka. General Manager.
- Oct.2012 - Jan. 2014: Ecobank Nigeria Limited, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Branch Manager. Oversees the entire business of the branch; Provides leadership for both operations and marketing staff; Manages the balance sheet of the branch; Marketing both risk asset and deposit liability products of the branch; Strategizes on systematic approach to drive business; Distribution of relationship officer to appropriate strategic business units; Business Development; Risk asset creation, disbursement and performance monitoring; In charge of staff appraisal; Motivation of staff for optimum performance
- April 2009 - Oct. 2012: TECHLOGIC TELECOM SOLUTIONS LIMITED, 17 New Haven Market Road, Enugu: Agency/ Marketers of Airtel Corporate Products, Dealers in Phones, Computers and Accessories. General Manager Marketing of Airtel Corporate Products; Oversees the Operations of the Enterprise; Develops Strategies for Competitive Edge; Develops Right Corporate Brands Communication Mix for Products Marketing; Leadership/Motivations of the Staff of the Enterprise for Optimum Performance by Creating a Conducive Environ- ment for Interpersonal Relationship, job enrichment and Enlightenment
- Feb. 2008 - March 2009: Bank PHB PLC, 23 Okpara Avenue, Enugu, Nigeria. Head of Marketing: Marketing of the Bank's Financial Products and Services; Management of Existing Transactions and Relationships; Credit Risk Analysis and Recommendation; Credit Performance Monitoring; Supervision of Subordinates; Leadership/Motivation of Branch Marketing Team towards the Achievement of set Targets; Development of New Businesses; Back-up/ Branch Manager’s Relief.
- Dec. 2006 - Feb. 2008: Zenith Bank PLC, 20 Presidential Road, Enugu, Nigeria. Unit Head, Consumer Banking: Marketing/ Relationship Management Analysis of Credit Requests/Recommendation Marketing and Promotion of Bank’s Financial Products Leadership of Team toward the Achievement of Targets.
- Nov. 2001 - Dec. 2006: First Bank of Nigeria PLC, Zik Avenue, Uwani, Enugu, Nigeria. Retail Credit/Marketing: Marketing/Relationship Management; Credit Packaging; Marketing and Promotion of Bank’s Financial Products; Did on Different Occasions Head Branch Customer Service Department, Tellering Services, Funds Transfer, Technical Support and General Operations.
- Sept. 2001 - Nov. 2001: Advertising Techniques Ltd, 111 Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos Client Service Executive: New Business Development; Effective Management of Existing Clients with a View to Sustain Cordial Business Relationship; Develops Campaigns and Presentation Strategies with a View to Attracting the Confidence of Prospective Clientele Trust with Service Delivery Issues.
- Dec. 2000 - Sept. 2001. CSS Ltd, 50/51 Broad Street, Lagos Editor: Assessment of Manuscripts for Publishing; Content and Copy Editing of set Text; Sees the Text from Manuscript to Book Form; Promotion of the Published Book for Effective Marketability.
- Feb. 1999 - Feb. 2000: African Newspapers of Nigeria Plc, Publishers of the Tribune Titles, Oke-Ado, Ibadan. Writer/Reporter: A One-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Programme.
- Orality and the Aesthetics of Performance in Egara Poetry of Obimo, presented to the University of Nigeria Nsukka as part of the fulfillment for the award of Masters of Arts degree in English and Literary Studies.
- Corporate Branding and Product Success in Globacom Nigeria Limited, presented to Enugu State University of Science and Technology Enugu, in partial fulfillment for the award of MBA in Marketing.
- The Impact of Managing Information System in the Banking Sector: a Case Study of First Bank of Nigeria Plc, presented to Nigerian Institute of Management, Victoria Island Lagos/Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife in partial fulfillment for the award of Postgraduate Diploma in Management.
- A Language Whose Mode of Being Is Purely Literary: a Study of Chinua Achebe’s Anthills of the Savannah, presented to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in partial fulfillment for the award of B.A. (Hons) in English.
- Clash of Divinity, a Creative Fictional Text Read in Nigerian Universities, Published in 2016 by Tarej Communications, Enugu.
- Above the Mesh, a Creative Fictional Text (In View)